May is halfway in the rear view mirror. Memorial Day is quickly approaching. Hockey and basketball playoffs are coming to their championship rounds. And open houses appear to be the thing to do on the weekend. To help you cruise through what remains of May here are the latest real estate headlines:
- Just when you thought it couldn’t go any lower, mortgage rates fall again.
- Yesterday, Coldwell Banker Real Estate released a new study on how Americans feel about home featuring psychotherapist Dr. Robi Ludwig of the Today Show fame.
- USA Today reports that more subdivisions are going urban as the market changes.
- According to Business Insider, Ryan Seacrest bought Ellen DeGeneres’ home for $49 million. If you ask me it looks more like a shopping mall…just sayin’.
- Former Law & Order: SVU star, Christopher Meloni, will throw in a Porsche if you buy his apartment.
- Time reports the American Dream of Home Ownership is still alive and well.
- And finally, some think home ownership will be a key element in winning the presidential election this year.
Image courtesy of Business Insider