It’s no secret that magic happens every year at Gen Blue, but this time, we mean it literally!
If you ever dreamed of doing your best (or funniest) magic trick on stage in front of a packed house, this is your chance! We are opening up the main stage at Gen Blue to three magical performers. You could even win a registration to Gen Blue 2018!
There are a few important requirements you need to know about submitting your video:
- Two minutes or less
- Feature only one person who is an agent, manager, broker, owner or brand office employee
- Have fun!
We will pick three amazing acts from your submissions to perform live on the Gen Blue stage in Las Vegas!
The final three will be judged by the live Gen Blue audience to determine the most magical member of the Gen Blue network.
The deadline for submission is September 15, 2017. Please make sure to read all the rules below and completely fill out the form below!
Magic Show at Gen Blue
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The “Magic Show at Gen Blue” (the “Contest”) is free to enter and open to any Coldwell Banker® network affiliated agent, manager, broker, owner or branch office employee who is 18 years of age or older and has attained the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry. This contest is only open to one person per entry, no teams will be allowed. Officers, Affiliates or employees of Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC located at 175 Park Avenue in Madison, NJ (“Sponsor”) are not eligible to participate or win the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to verify your eligibility qualifications and to disqualify you if you are found to be in violation of these eligibility requirements.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules (“Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether or not you receive a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Rules. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
- Contest Period:
Entries will be accepted between August 15, 2017[12:00:01 AM Eastern Standard Time [EST] to September 15, 2017 11:59:59 PM EST.
Three Finalists will be chosen by Sponsor on or before September 15, 2017.
Administrator’s (David Marine, SVP, Marketing for Coldwell Banker Real Estate) computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: To enter, entrant must create a one-of-a-kind entry video showcasing a magic trick that is 2 minutes or less using their smartphone, computer, tablet or video camera. Video must feature only one person who is an agent, manager, broker, owner or branch office employee affiliated with the Coldwell Banker organization.
To submit the video for judging an entrant must visit upload their video to YouTube and submit the link via http://blog.coldwellbanker.com/genbluemagic/. The video can be up to 2 minutes in length.
All entry information and Videos shall be referred to herein each as a “Submission” and collectively as the “Submissions.”
In order to be eligible, each Submission must satisfy the submission guidelines (“Submission Guidelines”) and contest requirements, as set forth herein. Entries that do not include all the required information and adhere to the Rules will be considered void. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete Submissions. Sponsor shall determine in its sole discretion if a Submission meets the Contest Requirements and otherwise complies with the Rules.
Entrants can email AHF@coldwellbanker.com for support.
- Terms of Submission: Limit one (1) Submission per person. You may not edit your Submission at any time after it has been submitted. Entries will profanity or distasteful language will not be accepted. By participating in the Contest you permit public display of your entry materials and public voting in connection with your Submission.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest, you agree that you will not now nor in the future be paid for your Submission or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Rules.
- Submission Guidelines: Your Submission may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity of any kind, including wearing of swimwear or undergarments;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about the Sponsor, or its products or other people, products or companies;
- Contains trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or phraseology) owned by any entity;
- Advertises or promotes any brand other than Coldwell Banker Real Estate
- Contains any personal identification, such as personal names, street or email addresses, or phone numbers;
- Violates or encourages the violation of any law, rule or regulation;
- Promotes any particular political party, agenda or message; and/or
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate
Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any Submissions that it deems to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Prizes: Three (3) winners will be chosen to perform One (1) magic trick, different from the one they performed in their submission video, up to five (5) minutes at the Generation Blue Experience in Las Vegas on October 17th (the “Event”).
Three (3) winners will be determined based on creativity, skill, and originality and will be chosen by three members of the Coldwell Banker Home Office senior leadership team (Charlie Young, Mike Fischer & David Marine).
One (1) Winner will be selected at the Event and will receive a free registration and travel costs for the 2018 Generation Blue Experience (location TBD) up to two thousand dollars in value ($2,000). All taxes and any other expenses not specifically listed herein shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of prize: $2,000. Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize becomes unavailable.
The winner (“Winner”) will be selected on or about October 17, 2017 from all eligible Submissions received as described in Paragraph 11 below. If you are selected as a Winner, you will be notified of the selection of your Submission in person at the Event in Las Vegas.
Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) calendar days of prize notification. If Winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible Submissions. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Once Winner has signed and returned the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and his/her eligibility has been confirmed, Winner will receive the prize. All decisions of the Sponsor in selecting the Winner(s) are final and binding on all entrants in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Prize Redemption: A prize is personal to the Winner and is non-transferable. Each Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with receipt of the prize.
- Selection: The selection process will take place as follows:
The Generation Blue Experience Magic Show Winner will be decided by the audience in attendance at the Event viewing the Videos by way of a text message voting mechanism at the conclusion of the 3 Finalists’ performance . The winner will be announced at the end of the show on October 17, 2017.
- General Conditions: Sponsor has the right to verify your eligibility and compliance with these Rules, and to disqualify you on the basis of its investigation.
You may not enter with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, nor may you use any other device or artifice to submit more than one (1) Submission or vote. If you use fraudulent Submission methods, or otherwise attempt to participate with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses under multiple identities, or use any device or artifice to enter more than one (1) Submission, you will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the person who made the Submission. For the purposes of these Rules, the authorized “account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at any time (subject to approval of any regulatory body having jurisdiction), if it is determined that the Contest cannot be run as originally planned or if fraud or any other occurrence comprises the fairness or integrity of the Contest.
- Publicity/Press Releases: Contest entrants may not issue press releases or other publicity in connection with their participation in the Contest.
- Liability Provisions: Sponsor is not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to Submissions or other factors beyond its reasonable control.
You assume all risk of damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect or misdirected Submissions. Sponsor makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in connection with its ability to in any way enable, develop or market the idea set forth in your Submission.
Sponsor shall not be liable to a Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of the Prize becoming for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor unavailable or impracticable to award, or for any force majeure event, technical or equipment failure, terrorist acts, labor dispute, or act/omission of any kind (whether legal or illegal), transportation interruption, civil disturbance, or any other cause similar or dissimilar beyond the Sponsor’s control.
The Sponsor and their respective parents, employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, representatives, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, resellers, dealers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies (the “Released Parties”) shall not assume any responsibility whatsoever for any of the following: delayed, failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet, or other connections; the availability, accessibility, technical failure or miscommunications of computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions; the incorrect or inaccurate capture or failure to capture information whether caused by Site or Site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network or otherwise arising out of or relating to the Contest; theft, loss, destruction or damage to an Submission in whole or in part; and other factors beyond their reasonable control. The Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to your or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Site or any Contest Site.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR ANY CONTEST SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY YOU FROM THE CONTEST.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: BY SUBMITTING AN SUBMISSION, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE RELEASED AND HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FOR ANY CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR NATURE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DISABILITY OR DEATH, AND DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE FROM THE DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, ANY AND ALL USE AS PROVIDED HEREIN OF YOUR SUBMISSION, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR ANY RELATED CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE AND ANY CONTEST SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION.
- Choice of Law: ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF- POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEY’S FEES. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Madison, New Jersey. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to Madison, New Jersey, New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.