I absolutely love Memorial Day Weekend. Not only is it a special time to honor our veterans, but it also exudes relaxation and quality time with family. This year we have a busy weekend planned. We are kicking off Friday night with a BBQ with friends, and then we’re off to the Wine Trail (wine tasting in the Gold Country). Next we are headed to our niece’s graduation and another BBQ. I can smell the hot dogs, hamburgers and summer vegetables already!
Where I live we can’t wait to sneak away to the lake for some “R and R,” and I know many of you also head straight to the shore or the coast to welcome in the three-day holiday. Whether it’s a beach bungalow or a shore-front cabin, there’s just something about waterfront homes that scream “vacation.”
There are thousands of vacation-worthy homes on Coldwell Banker.com right now:
- A whopping 28,140 homes with “lake” in the listing
- More than 12,900 homes either on the beach or near one
- Approximately 2,170 with “BBQ” in the listing
- More than 9,600 homes with a place to dock your boat, or near a location where you can sail away!
- If you can’t scoot away to a coastal city, 35,100 homes have “pool” in the listing
Check out the view from this charming lakefront home in Lake Lure, North Carolina. I may be a West Coast gal, but I can certai
nly appreciate this little East Coast getaway!
What are your plans for the holiday weekend?