Cleaning the house can be likened to the shape of a circle…there is just no end. While we can’t give you the answer for how to keep your home perfectly clean at all times we do have some great tips on creating DIY cleaners that cost less, help the environment and save storage space.
According to apartmenttherapy.com, the following are the top ingredients you’ll want to have around before starting your homemade cleaning products quest.
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar (this is one of the most loved natural cleaners by DIYers!)
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Essential oils, like tea tree oil, lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, or lemongrass oil
- Castile soap (like Dr. Bronner’s)
- Fresh herbs, citrus, or citrus peels
- Olive or vegetable oil
Once you have stocked up you can try your hand at these simple to make and effective homemade cleaning solutions:
- “Magical” Carpet Cleaner
- Oven Cleaner
- The “Best” Homemade Bathroom Cleaner Ever
- “Explosive” Showerhead Cleaner
- Homemade Grout Cleaner
- Keep the Plumber Away Drain Cleaner
- Homemade Cleaning Wipes
Bonus! We found a great post on CNN Living: How to clean your home in 19 minutes complete with room-by-room checklists!
According to our friends on the Coldwell Banker Facebook Page, the two most dreaded rooms to clean are the kitchen and the bathroom.
Do you make your own cleaning products? Tell us about it.