According to Menshealth.com “People who exercise three or more times each week make roughly 10 percent more—or an extra $80 per week on average—than those who never exercise.” In addition to the possibility of adding to your bottom line while slimming down your waistline, exercise has been proven as an effective stress reducer, mood enhancer and energy booster. So if you haven’t already added more exercise to your New Year’s Resolution list then perhaps now is the time.
Ready to give your brain a quick workout? Get ready for a super set of interesting statistics from statisticbrain.com:
- The average yearly cost of a gym membership is $660.
- The average amount of times a gym membership owner will go to the gym ever week is 2 times.
- The percent of people with gym memberships that never use them is 67%.
It seems to us, based on these statistics, that the money that goes to waste from under utilization could be spent more wisely on exploring alternative options for working out and we thought we’d explore our favorite… creating a gym at home.
5 Benefits of Having a Home Gym
- A home gym is cheaper than a gym membership.
- Your gym is open 24/7! You will never have to work out based on your gyms hours ever again.
- You never have to wait in line for a machine.
- Zero commute time…because let’s be honest…getting there is half the battle.
- Quite possibly the best benefit… no more sharing gym germs from other people’s gross sweat!
Gym Design Inspiration
Need inspiration for building your personal gym? Here are a few of our favorites from coldwellbanker.com.