This month, our “By the Numbers” update for coldwellbanker.com continues to tap into the pulse of the national market to see what local insights and consumer trends have unfolded across the different regions of the U.S.
With larger homes continuing to appeal to homebuyers, it’s important to note that the top 10 most-searched homes on coldwellbanker.com consisted of three bedrooms or more in August. Visitors looked at homes that average 3.40 bedrooms and 2.38 bathrooms, up 2.7% and 0.8%, respectively from the previous month.
Four California homes were included in the top 10 list of the most viewed properties on coldwellbanker.com, including three of the most expensive homes in the nation.
Here is how the top 10 most-viewed properties stacked up:
- 4102 Sudbury Ct., Opelika, AL ($209,000); SOLD
- 4834 Promontory Ct., Eau Claire, WI ($364,900)
- 67 Old Pump Road, Jericho, VT ($620,000)
- 24595 Voorhees Dr., Los Altos Hills, CA ($4,250,000); REMOVED FROM MARKET BY SELLER
- 904 N. Crescent Dr., Beverly Hills, CA ($58,000,000)
- 174 Elm St., Clyde, NY ($55,500)
- 8812 S. Union Avenue, Tulsa, OK ($299,900); REMOVED FROM MARKET BY SELLER
- Los Angeles, CA ($65,000,000)
- 29000 Newton Canyon Rd., Malibu, CA ($59,500,000)
- 135 Top O Tree Lance, Hoover, AL ($189,900)
And while the prices of the homes on our most viewed list run the gamut, we found that overall homes priced between $100,000-199,999 received the most traffic nationally, followed by those in the $200,000’s. As the housing market continues to improve, it will be interesting to see if traffic to higher priced homes, usually considered “move up” homes, rises too.
And since we are obviously in Presidential election mode, four “swing states” deemed important in the election are in the roundup of top 10 states where some of the most visitors to coldwellbanker.com reside. Those living in Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Ohio are clearly active in home searching.
- New York
Incidentally, we have found that more people were interested in homes from the Windy City of Chicago, which jumped ahead of New York. Below is a list of the most visited metros on coldwellbanker.com:
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Washington D.C.
- San Francisco
- St. Louis
Stay tuned for future updates.