Hopefully you’re all feeling rested and relaxed after a wonderful Father’s Day weekend! The days are getting longer and the weather warmer as Spring winds down and makes way for Summer this Thursday. With vacation season upon us and the festivities of Independence Day just a few short weeks away, here are some real estate headlines to get your week started off on the right foot:
- The Keeping Current Matters blog reports another positive number for Real Estate.
- New Home sales rise 3.3% and the dream of home ownership is very much alive. According to this Realty Times article, 7 out of 10 American adults who don’t currently own a home said it was a goal of theirs to buy one in the future.
- Have you ever wondered what the manliest cities in America were? Aol Real Estate sheds light on the question we’ve all been wanting an answer to.
- The Curbed House of the Day is a 7,500 all glass penthouse situated in one of New York City’s most happening neighborhoods.
- Yahoo! Homes shows how one couple managed a beautiful home makeover on a tight budget.
- Hooked on Houses gets us hooked on a new to the market painted Victorian home that will be seen in the upcoming Disney film ‘The Odd Life of Timothy Green’.
- And finally, the Olympics start in a few weeks so the Architectural Record has put together a special section covering the architectural highlights from London in the lead up to the 2012 games.
*Photo Courtesy of Kamphuis