Your Home’s September Honey Do List
Tackle these to dos this month and your home will be fall ready in no-time.
Our to do lists always seem to grow in September. Summer is coming to a close, school is kicking into full swing and the homework just keeps piling on. To make your fall home prep just a little bit easier, here is your home’s Honey Do List for September.
1. Clear out those closets – As you pull out the sweaters and jeans this fall, make a point to weed out the clothing items that don’t fit any longer or that are no longer in style. Donate or trash unwanted items.
2. Sneak in one last backyard bash – Host a Labor Day barbecue before the weather gets too cool to host outdoors. These 10 cleaning tips from Maids.com will make you a rockin’ backyard party host.
3. Brighten up your kitchen – We spend a lot of time in our kitchens in the fall and winter months. We cook holiday meals, gather with family and pour over homework on the kitchen counter. With shorter days coming quickly, a few simple changes to brighten up your kitchen can make a big difference. Bonus: they won’t break the bank!
4. Inspect and Repair Your Roof – Now is the time, before the snow and ice arrive, to inspect your roof for leaks and cracks. Today’s Homeowner suggests paying particular attention to the area around the chimney as that is the most common spot for damage to occur.
5. Add a pop of color to the porch – Consider adding a fall wreath and some fall-blooming flowers like garden mums to give your home some extra curb appeal this fall.