Rebuilding after a Natural Disaster: Important Resources
A list of resources with information about rebuilding homes or businesses after a disaster.
It has only been a few days since Hurricane Sandy ripped through the East Coast affecting millions and causing devastating damage to homes and businesses. We have seen countless random acts of kindness and know that together we will make it through this very difficult time. As we embark on the road to recovery here is a list of resources that can help.
For information on rebuilding homes or businesses after a disaster, visit the following links:
- Safer, Stronger, Protected Homes and Communities
- Disaster Recovery and Building Reconstruction
- No Downpayment Mortgage for Disaster Survivors
- Disaster Relief Assistance
Additional information on returning home after a natural disaster is available.
- Finding Rental Housing after a Natural Disaster
- Helping a Child Cope after a Natural Disaster
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA): Disaster Assistance Programs
- Small Business Administration (SBA): Help for People in Declared Disaster Areas
- State Emergency Management Agencies
- American Red Cross
Interested in donating but not sure where to start? Consider supporting the Realogy Charitable Foundation fundraiser for the American Red Cross, which is on the scene and helping to provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance in response to this disaster. 100% of the funds raised by the Realogy Charitable Foundation for this effort will be donated to the American Red Cross.
Source: USA.GOV Image: Washington Times
HebergeurJune 4, 2016
There are lots of things to think about when you return home or face the need to rebuild after a disaster. The resources below can help.