A Honey Do List for your Home this June
From outdoor fixes to indoor makeovers, grilling guides and Dad’s Day gifts, this June to do list for your home will have you ready to kick off summer in no time.
This month marks the beginning of summer and with it comes plenty of fun to do’s. However, your home has a few honey do’s before you kick off your heels and settle into that chaise lounge. Here’s an easy Honey Do List for your Home this June.
1. Make the Old New Again – Looking for a creative, inexpensive and green way to jazz up your backyard this summer? Recycling old wooden pallets to create a pallet walkway or deck can add new life to your green space.
2. Don’t Forget Dad – Father’s Day this year falls on Sunday, June 21st. Make Dad’s day with one of these 7 unique Father’s Day Gift Ideas including custom tool storage and DIY beer coolers.
3. Dust That Ceiling Fan – If you have ceiling fans in your home, you probably put them to good use in June. Use this clever trick to clean dust off of fan blades using a dryer sheet and paint roller.
4. Summer Up Bedding and Linens – You wouldn’t wear your winter coat to the pool, so why should your home continue to wear winter accessories? Change out the down comforter for a lighter summer blanket. Use bright-colored pillows on the sofa and swap the wool throw blanket for a cotton one.
5. Oh, Say Can you Grill! – Independence Day will be here before we know it. Time to start planning the menu for your backyard BBQ. Use this Grilling Guide to 4th of July to fire up some sizzling snacks for the holiday weekend.
6. Two Green Thumbs Up – June is prime gardening season for most of the country. Not sure what to be planting or pruning this month? Enter your zip code into this handy guide from the Farmer’s Almanac for customized gardening tips for your region.
7. Patch Driveway Cracks – Harsh winter weather can wreak havoc on your driveway. Before you hit the road (Jack!) for that summer vacay, be sure to repair cracks in your concrete or asphalt driveway.