7 Winter Home Tips to Last You 6 More Weeks of Winter
Punxsutawney Phil has just extended winter. Here’s how to make sure your home is ready for it.
Yesterday was Groundhog Day, and for the second year in a row, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow. This, if you are superstitious, means that we have six more weeks of winter, and that spring will not be coming early. Boooooo!
If last year was any indication, then we could be in for a rough month-and-a-half. After all, early 2014 was brutally cold for most of the country. But there are a few things you can do in your home to make life a little easier this winter. Here are some tips to help you survive the cold.
- Get smart about organizing and storing bulky winter clothing.
- In case of a Winter Vortex, make sure you have the essentials.
- Put in a little extra work if you’re trying to sell your home.
- For good karma, consider the environment as you deal with the elements.
- Be safe, and when in doubt, hire a home repair contractor.
- Invest in insulation to keep bills low and wallets happy.
- Get your mind in the gutter – to prevent ice dams.
We certainly hope that Punxsutawney Phil was wrong. But in case he wasn’t, these tips will help you endure the winter – beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Header image courtesy of Flickr user Anthony Quintano