Breaking Ground on Texas Land
How A Real Estate Team Is Taking the Ranch Market by the Reins
The Lone Star State leads the nation in number of farms and ranches with a whopping 248,800 farms and ranches covering 130.2 million acres of land. With approximately $30 billion in lands, homesites and other rural acreage for sale in Texas, according to Lands of America, the ranches and land market in Texas can be highly competitive. One real estate team has taken the reins to distinguish themselves amongst the crowd.
The Texas Land/DMTX Team, an affiliated sales team with Coldwell Banker United, REALTORS® in Austin that is led by Realtor Dave Murray, is moving ahead full force with their strategic efforts to build the top land and ranch brokerage website in Texas. Dave, who is considered an expert in the luxury and ranch markets, teamed up with Josh Smith, a Realtor and digital marketing pro to create https://texasland.com/ and establish a competitive lead in overall branding and search engine rankings.
According to Smith, “The ranch and land space is in the stone-ages in terms of technology. We plan to disrupt this with our unique ability to create a strong marketing platform for new agents with their own web presence, social media platforms and ability to utilize our website. No one else is doing this, not on the ranch and land side.”
What this means for buyers?
- The ability to filter out properties that don’t meet their specific qualifications while having access to a screened selection of listings.
What this means for sellers?
- Having a local, on-the-ground team with an all-embracing marketing scope that directly reaches qualified buyers.
Social media presence for TexasLand.com has reached over 150,000 targeted followers, including 67,000 followers on Instagram. While DMTX Realty surpassed $70 million in total sales volume for 2018, Instagram alone has accounted for $12 million in sales over the past two quarters.
What strategies is this ranch-dedicated group implementing?
- Having an ‘exact match domain’ to rank higher in a web search, placing the site at a great advantage against its competitors.
- Offering maximum exposure across markets that include the luxury and development divisions.
- Providing a great selection of properties tailored to the needs of the ranch and land buyer pool.
According to Murray, “We preview an average of 300 ranches per year but only 10% make the cut to be placed in front of our clients – in order to provide the best selection and save them valuable time and money.”