Five Ways to Make Your Property Value Skyrocket
Increasing your property value: If you’re selling your home, it’s probably one of the biggest concerns on your mind. After all, you want to get the best possible deal. Luckily, there are some simple things you can do now.
Increasing your property value: If you’re selling your home, it’s probably one of the biggest concerns on your mind. After all, you want to get the best possible deal. Luckily, there are some simple things you can do now to increase the value of your home. Here are five of the best ways to send your home’s value up, up, up.
1. Give your kitchen a mini remodel. When it comes to your castle, the kitchen is king. By making some small upgrades, this is the room where you can reap the greatest return. Transition to all stainless-steel appliances or add some modern flair with a tile backsplash. The idea is out with the old, in with the new to catch a potential buyer’s eye.
2. Create a home for the ages. If you want to add some real value to your home, make it appealing to older buyers. Statistics show there will be almost 80 million seniors accounting for 21 percent of the population by 2040. Small additions such as comfort-height toilets or curbless showers can go a long way toward increasing your home’s property value.
3. Embrace the great outdoors. North Texas has great weather year-round (and that’s just one of the reasons everyone is moving to Dallas). Capitalize on getting to live in one of the country’s most beautiful locations by adding a deck or patio to your home. Or, install an amazing freestanding grill. Because, well, this is Texas. We like our barbecue.
4. Beautify the bathrooms. Simple touches like new faucets or lighting can do wonders at giving your property value a boost. Depending on your budget, you could also make upgrades such as adding granite or marble countertops. But the best tip won’t cost you anything than some elbow grease and time: Keep your bathrooms spotless. Don’t let dirt or mildew fester; make sure all your surfaces are clean and fresh.
5. Make your home high-tech. A smart home isn’t just the latest buzzword — smart home technology is what buyers want. It can also add to a home’s value, whether you install a programmable thermostat or other smart home products such as door locks or security systems. Here’s a look at the best smart home gadgets of the year. Bottom line: Buyers like having control of their homes right at their fingertips.
The journey of selling your home doesn’t have to be a long or tedious one. The key is to make your home appealing to buyers right out of the gate. By following the five tips above, you’ll be well on your way to seeing your property value skyrocket.