Free Activities To Do In And Around Frisco
North Texas is a great place to find things to do. And there are a lot of free activities to do in Frisco.
Hanging around wondering what you can do to pass the time? North Texas is a great place to find things to do, and there is a lot of free activities if you know where to look. If you are hoping and praying for free activities to do in Frisco, check these out.
1. Frisco Dog Park This is a favorite of my son. He can take the dog to play at Frisco’s “Ruff Range” Dog Park and then join in a game of Frisbee golf right next door. 3335 4th Army Memorial Road, Frisco, TX | www.friscodogpark.org
2. Frisco Commons Park C’mon, go fishing! 8000 McKinney Road, Frisco TX | www.friscofun.org/PARKS/PARKS/Pages/FriscoCommons.aspx
3. Texas Sculpture Garden Seek out the largest private collection of Texas sculptures on public display. 6801 Gaylord Parkway, Frisco, TX | www.texassculpturegarden.org
4. Frisco Discovery Center Art Gallery Fun things for kids of all ages. 8004 N. Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX | friscodiscoverycenter.com/index.php/frisco-art-gallery
5. Frisco Central Park A favorite “date” destination for my wife and I, Frisco Central Park offers many “hero-size” bronze sculptures and quotations that highlight the historic cattle drive along the Shawnee Trail. It also has a small pond and running brook, amphitheater, walking trails, and benches. 3155 Parkwood Drive, Frisco, TX | www.friscofun.org/parks/parks/Pages/CentralPark.aspx
6. Frisco Public Library: If you haven’t been to a library since high school, you owe it to yourself to check out what the Frisco Public Library has to offer. More than just a place to relax and read, the Library offers a wide range of activities for all ages. 6101 Frisco Square Boulevard, Frisco, TX | www.friscolibrary.com
7. Music in the Square Gather up your friends and family, grab a picnic basket and some blankets or chairs, and enjoy listening to a unique lineup of talented musicians under the nighttime stars. Runs Saturday evenings this June, between 7:30 and 9:00 p.m. Frisco Square, Frisco, TX | www.friscosquare.com/mits
8. Frisco Star Fest Come out and watch the stars the second Saturday of each month. Frisco Commons Park, Frisco, TX | www.tasobserving.org/frisco/index.html
9. Dallas Stars at the Star Center Show up and watch the Dallas Star practice — for free! 2601 Avenue of the Stars, Frisco, TX | visitfrisco.com/#!/sports/dallas-stars
10. Arbor Hills Nature Preserve Visit this 200-acre park featuring vast areas of natural beauty for walking, jogging, hiking, orienteering, and other outdoor activities. 6701 West Parker Road, Plano, TX | www.plano.gov/facilities/facility/details/Arbor-Hills-Nature-Preserve-20
Whatever it is you like to do, there is a wide variety of things available. For more free activities in North Texas, visit www.ntxrealtychris.com/freethingstodo.
Image Source: Flickr/Brett Neilson