Best Hooptown for Singles
Coldwell Banker Picks Michigan
You’ve heard of for the love of the game, but what about love and the game? This March, Coldwell Banker is celebrating the college basketball tournament by filling out brackets – with real estate data.
Using CBx, our proprietary tool for Coldwell Banker agents, we leveraged data from each school’s hometown – or “Hooptown” – to selected predicted winners of each game. One of the brackets in this year’s contest is Best Hooptown for Singles.
Looking for love and basketball isn’t always easy. Luckily, the top hooptowns in the Singles bracket have plenty of single adults so you’ll have many chances to find love. From Philadelphia to Lawrence and Tallahassee to Los Angeles, there are many great hooptowns that are also hot spots for singles.
Here are the top Hooptowns for singles in this year’s Hooptowns:
• University of Maryland, Baltimore County in Baltimore
• Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches, Texas,
• University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
• Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina
Yet, like the tournament, there can only be one winner. And the winner is…The University of Michigan Wolverines from Ann Arbor. Cut down the nets, Michigan.
How did Ann Arbor knock out the rest of the Hooptowns in the Singles bracket to take top prize? According to CBx data, it’s all about which Hooptown has the most singles per capita. Ann Arbor has the highest number of resident singles (6,729) in relation to married residents (6,818). That’s almost a 1:1 ratio, due in part to the fact of having a large university in a small town.
Lucky for the singles in Ann Arbor, there are plenty of fun spots to choose from for a date and to watch the Tournament:
• Zingermans Deli Serving savory sandwiches and fresh salads, this cozy spot has a rich history in town as an Ann Arbor staple. Located at 422 Detroit Street.
• Jolly Pumpkin This café and brewery boasts itself as complex yet simple. The fun and quirky name is only a preview of what one can expect from the relaxing atmosphere, mouth-watering menu and artisan ales. Located at 311 S. Main Street.
• Sava’s This spot was recognized with a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in 2017 and prides itself on a diverse and joyful menu with a lively and inviting environment. Located at 216 S. State Street.
The Moral of the Best Hooptown for Singles Bracket: If you’re single and are looking for others on the market, travel no further than Ann Arbor. Congrats to Michigan – the no. 1 overall seed for singles.
Senior Manager, Consumer Engagement at Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. In his role he works on all national TV and online advertising initiatives, heads the brands’ internal video production as well as a slew of other projects. He’s held other roles within the Marketing Department ranging from Previews & Product Development to the day to day management of the coldwellbanker.com redesign. Besides being a marketer, Gustavo is a musician, writer, film & TV buff, avid sports fan, cereal aficionado, traveler, Tumblr and Tweeter.