5 Things to Look for in the Next Great Place to Live
Searching for the next hot neighborhood is easy with these tips from Coldwell Banker on LXTV Open House.
Imagine getting into the next hot neighborhood before the prices skyrocket. Residents in NYC’s SoHo, LA’s Venice, and Miami’s Wynwood neighborhood know that living in a city’s trendy area is worth a lot. What does it take to spot the next up and coming area near you? In this segment of LXTV Open House, Mary Kae Higgins, associate broker with Coldwell Banker Reliable, gives us 5 things to look for in the next great place to live.
The next hot spot is often an affordable, but formerly unnoticed neighborhood. A great example is Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn, from where this segment comes to us.
So, what should you look for in the next hot neighborhood?
- Cultural aspects – If business owners are willing to invest in the neighborhood, that’s usually a good sign. Look out for art galleries, trendy restaurants and cafes popping up.
- Unique architectural design – Does the real estate have a particular look and feel?
- How fast things are selling – Is real estate moving quickly? If that brownstone sells in a day, it usually means that the area is in demand.
- Proximity to mass transit and business centers – Convenience is key. Is there a subway, bus stop and grocery store within short walking distance?
- Closeness to other hip, trendy areas – Trendiness is contagious. Follow the artists and young professionals to their next new landing spot.
Victoria Keichinger is the Vice President, Brand Marketing for Coldwell Banker Real Estate. When she's not managing national media and advertising for the Coldwell Banker brand at work, she finds herself most at home in Jersey City, NJ with her pre-school crush turned spouse and son. A true Francophile, she loves to travel and will go anywhere there are ski slopes.