Your Home’s March Honey Do List
From green cleaning to green thumbs, this St. Patty’s Day-inspired honey do list has your home’s March to do’s covered.
As the saying goes, March came in like a lion for many parts of the country. Now, as the month switches to the more docile lamb, let’s get a few of those to-do’s off the honey do list. Because today we celebrate St. Patty’s Day and green is peeking through the snow cover, we’ll keep a green theme.
1. Green Thumb – Now’s the time to start prepping your garden for spring. Here’s a zone by zone gardener’s to do list to guide your green thumb.
2. Remember the luck of the Irish – It’s easy to get caught up in keeping up with the Jones’, so instead of turning green with envy, let St. Patrick’s Day serve as a reminder of just how lucky you are. Make a list of 10 things that you’re grateful for and keep it somewhere you’ll see every day. It’s a great reminder when life gets difficult that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
3. Try a greener glass cleaner – Spring cleaning is nearly in full swing, so if you’re looking for a greener glass cleaner than a product using chemicals you can hardly pronounce, try this trick on those glass shower doors.
4. Pot ‘o Gold – With Tax Day quickly approaching, now is a good time to take a close look at your finances and make sure your investment strategy and budget fit your current lifestyle. For a easy and free money management tool, try mint.com.
5. Consider composting – Turn garbage into gold with a compost pile. Composting is a green way to nourish your garden, restore vitality to soil and reduce waste. This is a great guide for how to make and use compost at home.
6. Redecorate with the Rainbow – Brighten up a room with pops of spring colors like lemon yellow and apple green. Try adding a light throw, patterned pillows or a vase of fresh flowers to breathe new life into a room. For even more fresh ideas, check out the Coldwell Banker ‘Pop of Color’ pinterest board.