Tastefully Incorporate Sports Decor at Home This Football Season
Gung ho to display your team colors and designs to show your support? Hold on one second. Before you redecorate your DFW home in Cowboy blue, UT orange, or A&M maroon, use this style guide to incorporate sports decor without going over the top.
Rabid sports fan? Gung ho to display your team colors and designs to show your support? Hold on one second. Before you redecorate your DFW home in Cowboy blue, UT orange, or A&M maroon, use this style guide to incorporate sports decor without going over the top.
Add a Splash of Color
One of the simplest ways to incorporate sports decor in your home is to add a splash of color. Here are just a few of the ways you can show team support without it taking over your home.
- Paint an accent wall in your family room or living room in one of your team’s primary colors.
- Add accent pillows to your couch, recliner, or bed for a quick pop of color that reminds you of your team loyalty.
- Update your kitchen supplies, like your spoon rests, flour containers, or pots and pans — colorful kitchen gear is all the rage right now, so you’ll have your pick of team colors.
- Plant colorful perennials in oversized pots to place just outside your front door.
- Use colored spotlights at night to project your favorite team colors on your plants or your home.
Discretely Declare Your Team
Once you’ve added your color splashes, or perhaps if that step doesn’t go far enough for your rabid fandom, you can add actual team insignia sports decor around your home for constant, if gentle, reminders. Try these ideas.
- Places coasters with your team name or insignia around your living areas.
- Have your house number repainted on your driveway or sidewalk, incorporating a team mascot.
- Get a personalized license plate that shows off your favorite team.
- Buy a colorful team welcome mat to greet visitors.
- Use mugs and glassware with team logos.
- Fly a small flag outside your door — perhaps the door to the backyard — that features the Cowboys, Longhorns, or Aggies.
Choose One Room to Stand Out
If you want to declare your team loyalty more boldly but still maintain a classy home, consider turning just one room into a sports room. You can go over the top with sports decor in rooms like your home office, your den, your man- or woman-cave, or your game room. This room will likely not be the first one visitors view. That means you can share your team spirit to just those visitors who will appreciate it, instead of overwhelming everyday guests.
And if you’re going over the top, think really big: pillows, throws, posters, and more can bring together your entire team motif and satisfy your team spirit.