10 Cool Kitchen Appliances
Check Out These Must Have Kitchen Gadgets!
In almost every household’s kitchen there are standard appliances and tools that everyone uses. These consist of toasters, blenders, pots and pans, forks, spoons, knives etc. Besides these run-of-the-mill appliances are others that are genius.
Recently, while roaming the internet I came across some interesting kitchen appliances that I had never seen before. Things like a tomato stem remover, vegetable cleaner, a pineapple slicer, and a salad chopper.
I rounded up some of what I thought were the coolest tools that I could find. Most of these are total luxuries and not entirely necessary but they will definitely make your life easier. Check them out!
1. Pineapple Slicer and Wedger Have you ever nearly sliced both hands off whilst trying to prepare a pineapple? I certainly have, once or twice. I think this tool is incredible because whether you’re preparing the fruit for your family or trying to look fancy for a party, a tool like this one will help you get it right every time.
2. The Original Whirley Pop™ Stovetop Popcorn Popper This may be the hottest summer attraction in your home this summer. Does it get much better than custom made popcorn on your stove top? It’s a healthier and more fun alternative to using the microwave.
3. OXO Good Grips® Apple Divider Here is another tool that I think would make a great addition to your kitchen lineup. Imagine a world where you could have a perfectly sliced piece of fruit in one shot. If you are an avid baker, unlike me, this is a must have for ensuring that your pies look completely immaculate.
4. Icy Bottle Sticks Trays These ice trays struck a nerve in me. I have, for seemingly, my entire life looked for ways to squeeze regular sized ice cubes into my water bottles. It never worked, and I was always stuck with hot beverages. The moment I saw these special ice trays, I nearly jumped for joy. You can bet I’ll be ordering these soon and just in time for summer.
5. Bagel Biter I’m starting to notice an overlapping theme in this post. Many of the products mentioned thus far, and even ones that are to come, all involve ways to avoid accidentally chopping your hands off. Being from New Jersey, bagels are a regular part of my daily diet. Subsequently, this will get a lot of use in my house.
6. Oxo Good Grips® Salad Chopper and Bowl I’ve never been able to properly or gracefully eat salad. I like this salad chopper because it allows you to cut up salad into socially appropriate pieces.
7. Flavor Injector with Storage Case If something as genius as a flavor injector exists why would I ever resort to marinating meat over night again? This is going to really come in handy this summer for all of the backyard barbecues that’ll go on.
8. OXO Good Grips® Natural Bristle Vegetable Brush Have you ever wondered how exactly to remove that gross wax coating from your favorite fruits and vegetables? Here is the answer to your dilemma!
9. Chef’n® Bananza™ Banana Slicer All you need for perfect, uniform banana slices in no time is the Bananza™. Great for cereal, desserts, smoothies or just a snack, a quick squeeze of the Bananza™ and you’re all set. (Bed Bath & Beyond)
10. OXO Good Grips® Jar Opener
Open jars of any size and stubbornness. Simply wedge the opener around the lid and twist. (Bed Bath & Beyond)
10 Cool Kitchen Appliances | My WebsiteJune 19, 2014
[…] 10 Cool Kitchen Appliances […]
10 Cool Kitchen Appliances | Patrick Lim's BlogJune 19, 2014
[…] post 10 Cool Kitchen Appliances appeared first on Coldwell Banker Blue […]
Inspiring KitchenJuly 15, 2014
Hi Ariel, this is a helpful article. Take a look at what is happening at Inspiring Kitchen. We have done similar reviews and recommendations. We work with homeowners, realtors, interior designers and builders to assist them in building out their or their clients’ kitchens designed for their cooking styles. ie. the right cookware, cutlery, and tools for how they cook and entertain in their new homes. Would you be interested in working together?
Please see http://www.inspiringkitchen.com for more information on what we do as well as Facebook.com/inspiringkitchen to stay up to date on trends, cooking tips, kitchen design, and favorite finds.